An A-Z guide with all of my best tips, essential tools, product recommendations and storage guides to help you organize any closet.http://goo.gl/tLv8KI
Can’t resist a good sale? Is “free gift with purchase” too enticing to resist? You might be hoarding bargain clutter. Here’s how to spot bargain clutter and tips to let it go.
California Closets hopes to inspire those with unruly and disorganized closets to use National Spring Cleaning Week as an opportunity to take back their closet.
Daily tips from California Closets Chief Design Officer Ginny Snook Scott:
1. Ditch what you don’t need. That sweater you wore to a Christmas party in the ‘80s? Donate it. You can’t make room for new memories with all the old stuff piling up.
2. Utilize today’s hottest technology! Download customized style apps such as Cloth, Sylitics and Swivel, all which provide a way to digitally coordinate your outfit based on your specific wardrobe.
3. Group your clothes by color. Not only will this create a gorgeous rainbow effect, it will help you remember where each piece of clothing belongs, making everything easier to find.
4. Deal with your accessories. Are all your scarves in a pile? Grab a wicker basket and roll them up and store vertically. You can do the same with belts, gloves or purses.
5. Put your best foot forward. Organizing your shoes is critical to a clean closet, so get your shoes off the ground and store in an accessible location.
6. Make every season *sparkle!* Store all your out-of-season items out of the way. In doing this, you eliminate the need to rifle through coats and sweaters to find that sundress.
7. Set the mood. Replace that bare light bulb with a small chandelier or fixture a floor lamp to make your closet feel like a boutique.
14 Mail & Paper Management How Tos